Fitness assessments are a great tool to help you make exercise a part of your daily life. By evaluating your fitness level and health risk, we can establish a personalized exercise program designed to help you achieve your health and fitness goals. Assessments are available for $20. All students are offered one free assessment during the first semester of enrollment and one more per academic year. These can be done between 4pm and 7pm Monday through Wednesday at the PT on Duty Station in the Fitness Zone.
- Resting Heart Rate/Blood Pressure: Resting heart rate and blood pressure are important indicators to measure as you begin and progress in your fitness routine.
- BMI: Body Mass Index, ratio of height and weight.
- Waist to Hip Ratio: Comparison of waist circumference to hip circumference.
- Body Composition (skinfolds): Measures the ratio of lean body mass to fat mass with skin fold measurements and girth measurements.
- Circumference Measurements.
- Cardiovascular Endurance Testing.
- Muscular Endurance Testing.
- Additional tests may be included depending on your specific needs or fitness goals.
Duration: 30 – 45 minutes
**Please make sure to wear athletic-style clothing. Shorts are preferred due to the body composition measurement on the thigh.
**This program is only for Rec Center members.
To schedule an appointment, please fill out a personal training request form. At the bottom of the request form, in the “Additional Information/Question” box, please indicate that you are interested in a fitness assessment only. Once you have submitted your request, you will be contacted within 2 business days by a personal trainer to schedule your assessment.
Please note: payment of $20 will be required at the commencement of your fitness assessment.