Frequently Asked Questions
CRWC is located at the main entrance to the University of Houston on the corner of University Drive and Calhoun Blvd.
Address: 4500 University Drive
Houston, Texas 77204-6056
CRWC Welcome Desk phone number 713/743-7529 (PLAY)
Administrative offices phone number 713/743-9500
Faculty/Staff, Retired Faculty/Staff, Alumni, and UH Affiliates are eligible to purchase a membership. UH Main Campus students who have paid their full fees are automatically members. Students taking only online classes will need to purchase a membership separately. Cougar Cards must be provided when purchasing a membership.
Currently enrolled University of Houston students are members of the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center if the "Mandatory Fee-Recreation and Wellness Center" fee is included in their tuition for the current semester.
Faculty/Staff on the UH payroll system may pay for their membership by either enrolling in payroll deduction or pre-paying for their annual membership.
All others may pay cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover for payment.
CRWC members may sponsor up to 2 adults: both parents, spouse, or other adults living in the same household. Documentation is required to verify sponsorship eligibility. To view acceptable documentation and see additional restrictions, please visit the Sponsored Membership pages.
CRWC members may sponsor up to 3 guests per day. Passes may be purchased at the Welcome Desk – Member Services; $15 for adults and $8 for children. Guests must bring a Government-issued picture ID. Sponsors must be present with guests throughout the entirety of their visit to the CRWC. Guests are not allowed to rent equipment with the exception of climbing equipment. For more information, please see passes.
A parking pass is not included in your CRWC membership fees. If you do not have a University of Houston Parking Permit, you may purchase a garage permit through Parking and Transportation.
You may purchase a Evening/Weekend permit $150 annually. The permit will allow access to the University Gateway garage during Evening/Weekend hours (M-Th, 3pm-7am, as well as all day Fri-Sun). The cards will not provide parking in any other locations or at any other times.
For more information, please click the Parking and Transportation webpage
- Aquatics 713/743-7946
- Intramural Sports – 713/743-9506
- Group Fitness – 713/743-9503
- Sport Clubs – 713/743-9511
- Outdoor Adventure - 713/743-9512
- Up to 5 basketball courts
- Up to 5 volleyball courts
- 4 badminton courts
- 6 racquetball court
- 2 Int’l squash courts
- Fitness Zone
- Outdoor Leisure Pool with Sand Volleyball Court
- Social area
- Multi-purpose rooms
- Multi-Activity Court- (MAC) (indoor soccer, indoor roller hockey, and special events)
- Day-use lockers are located throughout the facility at no cost.
- CRWC members may rent a locker for the semester located in the locker room.
- Options: Men, Women and Family Locker room for showering and changing.
- Shower towel service is available for an additional fee.
- Aquatic/Safety courses are available for members and non-members.
- Outdoor Adventure – rental shop – equipment and gear. (additional fees).
- Equipment checkout is available to CRWC members:
- Balls – basketball, volleyball, soccer, shuttlecocks, squash
- Rackets – racquetball, badminton, tennis, squash
- Climbing harness and shoes
To rent a space in the CRWC for a specific activity or event, visit the Reservations page.
- Racquetball/squash – First come, first serve.
- Basketball – First come, first serve.
- Volleyball – You must have 6 or more people wanting to play, then ask the Welcome Desk to set up. However, the 6 person rule applies at any time and is at the discretion of the building supervisor. If there are only one or two open courts (due to sport club practices or intramurals, etc.) the supervisor may decide it is not in the best interest of all patrons to set up volleyball.
- Badminton – First come, first serve. Badminton will always be set up on Main 3 with the exception of reservations, tournaments, or other extenuating circumstances.
- Multi-Activity Court (MAC) – First come, first serve unless there is a reservation or other event scheduled in the area.