Group Fitness is included in your membership at no additional cost. To participate in Group Fitness Classes, please follow the steps below:
- Check the schedule to find a class you would like to join.
- If the class is virtual, simply click the Meeting ID on the schedule to join the Zoom class.
- If the class is in-person, navigate to myrec.uh.edu, select “Programs/ Access”, then select “Fitness”, and find your class.
- Find your class day/ time, select “register”, and follow the prompts. It will indicate that you “purchased” the class for $0.00.
- Tell the Fitness Attendant your name when you arrive to the class so they can check you in.
- If you show up without registering, you may not join if the class is full.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early
- Bring your own mat
- Bring water
- Let the instructor know of any previous injuries you may have
Fitness Instructor Auditions
Are you interested in becoming a group fitness instructor? You can lead a dance, strength, mind-body, cycle, and many other group fitness classes here at UH Recreation. Develop a 10-minute video group fitness demo of your choice and we can help you start your part-time fitness career.
Please direct all questions and video auditions to Courtney Rorex, Fitness Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.