Group Fitness is included in your membership at no additional cost. To participate in Group Fitness Classes, please use the UH Rec app "Group Fitness Classes" or follow the steps below:
- Check the schedule to find a class you would like to join.
- If the class is in-person, navigate to myrec.uh.edu, select “Programs/ Access”, then select “Fitness”, and find your class.
- Find your class day/ time, select “register”, and follow the prompts. It will indicate that you “purchased” the class for $0.00.
- Tell the Fitness Attendant your name when you arrive at the class so they can check you in.
- If you show up without registering, you may not join if the class is full.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early
- Bring your own mat
- Bring water
- Let the instructor know of any previous injuries you may have.
Fitness Instructor Training
Interested in leading group fitness classes but don't know where to start? Join us monthly to learn how to teach different fitness formats:
- October 21 - How to instruct dance fitness classes. This will prepare you to create and follow choreography and teach workouts to the beat of the music. This workshop will help you learn how to get certified in dance formats such as Zumba.
- November 18 - Form and technique for strength and interval-based classes. This will prepare you to teach classes using weights and intervals to elevate heart rate. This workshop will help you learn how to get certified as a general group fitness instructor.
Fitness Instructor Auditions
The Fitness Program at Campus Recreation is looking for enthusiastic group fitness instructors! Experience is preferred but not required. Develop a 10-minute group fitness class of your choice and start your part-time fitness career with us by completing the Interests Form.
If you can not attend in-person auditions, please submit a video audition and 45-minute workout for each format you would like to audition Note: Video submissions are not required for cycling, F45, and aqua group fitness.
Halloween-Themed Fitness Classes
Join us the week leading up to Halloween for some themed workouts. All classes will have a Halloween twist all the way from themed music to just scary good workouts.