Group Fitness is included in your membership at no additional cost. To participate in Group Fitness Classes, please use the UH Rec app "Group Fitness Classes" or follow the steps below:
- Check the schedule to find a class you would like to join.
- If the class is in-person, navigate to myrec.uh.edu, select “Programs/ Access”, then select “Fitness”, and find your class.
- Find your class day/ time, select “register”, and follow the prompts. It will indicate that you “purchased” the class for $0.00.
- Tell the Fitness Attendant your name when you arrive at the class so they can check you in.
- If you show up without registering, you may not join if the class is full.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early
- Bring your own mat
- Bring water
- Let the instructor know of any previous injuries you may have.
Fitness Instructor Auditions - We are Hiring - Certified and Non-Certified
The Fitness Program at Campus Recreation is looking for enthusiastic group fitness instructors! Experience is preferred but not required. Develop a 10-minute group fitness class of your choice and start your part-time fitness career with us by completing the Interests Form.
If you can not attend in-person auditions, please submit a video audition and 45-minute workout for each format you would like to audition Note: Video submissions are not required for cycling, F45, and aqua group fitness.
Please direct all questions and video auditions to the Fitness Coordinator.