Onyebuchi J. Ononogbu
Research Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
Health 2, Room 4043
4349 Martin Luther King Boulevard
Houston, TX 77204-5039
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - 832-842-8384
- Cancer Health Disparities
- Quality Improvement
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin in cooperation with The University of Texas- Pan American
- ASHP PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Resident, Howard University Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of the Incarnate Word Feik School of Pharmacy, Cum Laude, San Antonio, TX,
- Bachelors of Science in Allied Health and Diagnostic Sciences, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
- Apostolidou E, Lachowiez C, Juneja H, Qiao W, Ononogbu O, Miller-Chism C, Udden M, Ma H, Mims M. Clinical outcomes of patients with newly diagnosed acute lymphoblastic leukemia in a county hospital system. Clinical Lymphoma, Myeloma and Leukemia. 2021. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clml.2021.06.022
- Nguyen T, Ononogbu O, Egwim O, Saffari F, Ferrer J. Reducing chemotherapy administration time on an inpatient oncology unit. J oncol Pharm Practice. Doi:10.1177/1078155220971737
- Wiele A, Nguyen T, Ononogbu O. Reducing the wait time to initiate inpatient chemotherapy at Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital (Abstract). Journal of Clinical Oncology.2020 38:29_suppl, 210-210.
- Adigun M, Adesoye A, Ayoola A, Lteif L, Amaechi O. Review of Nonneurogenic Overactive Bladder, Continuing Education. US Pharmacist. Aug 2014.
Abstracts and Poster Presentations
- Nguyen T, Ononogbu, O., (July 2018). Reducing chemotherapy administration time on an inpatient oncology unit. Presentation at ALCALDE Meeting. Webinar.
- Sirisaegtaksin, A., Ononogbu, O., (December 2017). Assessment of hypersensitivity reactions with rituximab used at a quaternary medical center. Presentation at Midyear Conference. Orlando, Florida.
- Amaechi, O., Adigun, M. (December 2013). Impact of a pharmacist-driven medication reconciliation program at a tertiary teaching institution. Presentation at ASHP Midyear Conference. Orlando, Florida.
- Amaechi, O., Lopez, T., Anosike, P., Ha, H. (December 2012). Evaluation of the Readability of Discharge Warfarin Information. Presentation at ASHP Midyear Conference. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Amaechi, O., Ha, H., Anosike, P., (July 2012). Evaluation of the Readability of Consumer Medication Information. Presentation at the SNPhA/NPhA National Conference. Las Vegas, Nevada
- Amaechi, O., Lee, I.C., Copenhaver, M. (June 2008). A Brief Behavioral Intervention to Enhance Medication Adherence Among HIV-infected Injection Drug Users. Presentation at the College on Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD) annual conference. San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Awards & Honors
- 2020 - Clinical Safety & Effectiveness Course MD Anderson
- 2019 - Guest Speaker at the University of Houston Cancer Seminar
- 2018 - Preceptor of the Year Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center
- 2016 - Present - Co-Founder