Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research
Joint Appointment: Associate Professor of Pharmacology
Department of Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Director of Clinical and Translational Research Program
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
Health 2, Room 4038
4349 Martin Luther King Boulevard
Houston, TX 77204-5039
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - 832-842-8335
Basic/Translational Sciences Research:
- Discovery of novel G-protein coupled receptor targets in the treatment of cancer, Drug discovery for novel targets through high throughput screening and hits-to-lead optimization in the area of oncology, Development of unique humanized cellular platforms to test the efficacy of drugs in order to predict treatment outcomes in patients, Study of cellular signaling of proteins targeted by drugs to identify synergistic pathways and to understand mechanisms of resistance in order to design effective combination therapy in treatment of cancer
Clinical Sciences Research:
- Identification of genetic, cellular, and circulating biomarkers to predict outcome of pharmacological treatment in cancer patients, Individualization of therapy using the information about target biology of drugs and genomics/proteomics of tumors to improve probability of achieving an objective response and improving survival, Improving medication adherence to oral therapy in cancer patients
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology, University of Houston College of Pharmacy
- Pharm.D. (Summa cum laude), University of Houston College of Pharmacy
- Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist, Board of Pharmacy Specialties
Publications - Translational Sciences
Google Scholar Profile
- Abdulkareem NM, Bhat R, Powell R, Chikermane S, Yande S, Trinh L, Abdelnasser H, Tabassum M, Ruiz A, Sobieski M, Nguyen ND, Park JH, Johnson CA, Kaiparettu BA, Bond RA, Johnson M, Stephan C, Trivedi MV*. Screening of GPCR-targeting drugs for repositioning in breast cancer. Front Pharmacol, 13:1049640, 2022. PMID: 36561339. DOI: 10.3389/fphar.2022.1049640.
- Pagliuca M, Donato M, D'Amato AL, Rosanova M, Russo AOM, Scafetta R, De Angelis C, Trivedi MV, André F, Arpino G, Del Mastro L, De Laurentiis M, Puglisi F, Giuliano M. New steps on an old path: Novel estrogen receptor inhibitors in breast cancer. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 180:103861, 2022. PMID: 36374739. DOI: 10.1016/j.critrevonc.2022.103861.
- Abdulkareem NM, Bhat R, Qin L, Vasaikar S, Gopinathan A, Mitchell T, Shea MJ, Nanda S, Thangavel H, Zhang B, De Angelis C, Schiff R, Trivedi MV. A novel role of ADGRF1 (GPR110) in promoting cellular quiescence and chemoresistance in human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive breast cancer. FASEB J. 35(7):e21719, 2021.
- Thangavel H, De Angelis C, Vasaikar S, Bhat R, Jolly MK, Nagi C, Creighton CJ, Chen F, Dobrolecki LE, George JT, Kumar T, Abdulkareem NM, Mao S, Nardone A, Rimawi M, Osborne CK, Lewis MT, Levine H, Zhang B, Schiff R, Giuliano M, Trivedi MV*. A CTC-Cluster-Specific Signature Derived from OMICS Analysis of Patient-Derived Xenograft Tumors Predicts Outcomes in Basal-Like Breast Cancer. J Clin Med. 8(11):E1772, 2019.
- Ramirez AB, Bhat R, Sahay D, De Angelis C, Thangavel H, Hedayatpour S, Dobrolecki LE, Nardone A, Giuliano M, Nagi C, Rimawi M, Osborne CK, Lewis MT, Stilwell JL, Kaldjian EP, Schiff R, Trivedi MV*. Circulating tumor cell investigation in breast cancer patient-derived xenograft models by automated immunofluorescence staining, image acquisition, and single cell retrieval and analysis. BMC Cancer. 12;19(1):220, 2019.
- Bhat R, Yadav P, Sahay D, Bhargava D, Creighton CJ, Yazdanfard S, Al-rawi A, Yadav V, Qin L, Nanda S, Sethunath V, Fu X, De Angelis C, Narkar V, Osborne CK, Schiff R, Trivedi V*. GPCRs profiling and identification of GPR110 as a potential new target in HER2+ breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 170(2):279-292, 2018.
- Giuliano M, Shaikh A, Lo HC, Arpino G, De Placodo S, Zhang XH, Cristofanilli M, Schiff R, Trivedi MV*. Perspective on circulating tumor cell clusters: Why it takes a village to metastasize. Cancer Res. 78(4): 845-842, 2018.
- Fu X, Jeselsohn R, Pereira R, Hollingsworth EF, Creighton CJ, Li F, Shea M, Nardone A, De Angelis C, Heiser LM, Anur P, Wang N, Grasso CS, Spellman PT, Griffith OL, Tsimelzon A, Gutierrez C, Huang S, Edwards DP, Trivedi MV, Rimawi MF, Lopez-Terrada D, Hilsenbeck SG, Gray JW, Brown M, Osborne CK, Schiff R. FOXA1 overexpression mediates endocrine resistance by altering the ER transcriptome and IL-8 expression in ER-positive breast cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci. 25;113(43):E6600-E6609, 2016.
- Giuliano M, Herrera S, Christiny P, Shaw C, Creighton CJ, Mitchell T, Bhat R, Zhang X, Mao S, Dobrolecki LE, Al-rawi A, Chen F, Veneziani BM, Zhang XH, Hilsenbeck SG, Contreras A, Gutierrez C, Jeselsohn RM, Rimawi MF, Osborne CK, Lewis MT, Schiff R, Trivedi MV*. Circulating and disseminated tumor cells from breast cancer patient-derived xenograft-bearing mice as a novel model to study metastasis. Breast Cancer Res. 17(1):3, 2015.
Publications - Clinical Sciences
- Hwang GS, Paranjpe R, Opsomer C, Lu K, Abajue U, Abughosh S, Zaghloul H, Trivedi MV. Oral endocrine therapy agent, race/ethnicity, and time on therapy predict adherence in breast cancer patients in a large academic institution. Clin Breast Cancer. 20(6):520-526, 2020.
- Buono G, Crispo A, Giuliano M, De Angelis C, Schettini F, Forestieri V, Lauria R, De Laurentiis M, De Placido P, Rea CG, Pacilio C, Esposito E, Grimaldi M, Nocerino F, Porciello G, Giudice A, Amore A, Minopoli A, Botti G, De Placido S, Trivedi MV, Arpino G. Metabolic Syndrome and Early Stage Breast Cancer Outcome: Results From a Prospective Observational Study. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 182(2):401-409, 2020.
- Hoang JM, Upadhyay N, Dike DN, Lee J, Johnson ML, Cleeland CS, Mendoza T, Chen H, Trivedi MV*. Patient-reported outcomes in light of supportive medications in treatment-naïve lung cancer patients. Support Care Cancer. 28(4):1809-1816, 2020.
- Hwang GS, Bhat R, Crutchley RD, Trivedi MV*. Impact of CYP2D6 polymorphisms on endoxifen concentrations and breast cancer outcomes. Pharmacogenomics J. 18(2):201-208, 2018.
- Ekinci E, Nathoo S, Korattyil T, Vadhariya A, Zaghloul HA, Niravath PA, Abughosh SM, Trivedi MV*. Interventions to improve endocrine therapy adherence in breast cancer survivors: what is the evidence? J Cancer Surviv. 12(30):348-356, 2018.
- Sulaica E, Han T, Wang W, Bhat R, Trivedi MV*, Niravath P. Vaginal estrogen products in hormone receptor-positive breast cancer patients on aromatase inhibitor therapy. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 157(2):203-10, 2016.
- Do T, Medhekar R, Bhat R, Chen H, Niravath P, Trivedi MV*. The risk of febrile neutropenia and need for G-CSF primary prophylaxis with the docetaxel and cyclophosphamide regimen in early-stage breast cancer patients: A meta-analysis. Breast Cancer Res and Treat. 153(3):591-597, 2015.
- Garcia S, Atkins J, Falchook G, Tsimberidou A, Hong D, Trivedi MV*, Kurzrock R. Transient Severe Hyperbilirubinemia After Hepatic Arterial Infusion of Oxaliplatin in Patients with Liver Metastases. Cancer Chemotherapy Pharmacology. 72(6):1265-1271, 2013.
Awards & Honors
- 2018 - 50 in 5 Scholar at UH
- 2018, 2016 - Minority-serving Institution Faculty Scholar in Cancer Research Award from American Association for Cancer Research
- 2016 - Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA) Basic Science and Clinical Research Literature Award