Catherine L. Hatfield
Director, Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPE)
Director, Interprofessional Education (IPE)
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research
Office: Health 2
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
4849 Calhoun, Room 3028
Houston, TX 77204-5039
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - 832-842-8377
- Interprofessional Education and Practice
- Interprofessional Simulation
- Experiential Education
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Research
- Specialty Residency in Drug Information Practice, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin and The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Doctor of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin and The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas
- B.S. in Genetics and Biochemistry, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- Kiles TM, Zhou AL, Wanat MA, Garey K, Hatfield CL. Knowledge and self-perception comparisons between students with and without prior technician experience in community pharmacy lab courses. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning 2021; 13:279-87.
- Hatfield CL, Major AB, Purkiss J, LaCour-Chestnut F, Gill AC. No Place Like Home Redesign: Home-Based Clinical Care as an Interprofessional Training Model for Medical and Pharmacy Students. Journal of Interprofessional Care 2020 Aug 24;1-7. DOI: 10.1080/13561820.2020.1801612
- Pillow MT, Hatfield CL, Aulbach R, Dello Stritto R, Landrum P, Scheller S, Purkiss J, Gill AC. Using a resuscitation-based simulation activity to create an interprofessional education activity for medical, nursing, and pharmacy students. MedEdPORTAL. 2020;16:11054. https://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.11054
- Richdale KL, Hatfield CL. Managing Ocular Allergy with Topical Pharmaceuticals - Outcomes from an Interprofessional Optometry and Pharmacy First Year Student Workshop. Journal of Interprofessional Education & Practice 2020 Dec. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.xjep.2020.100358
- Adams AL, Cadle RM, Amspoker AB, Martin LA, Wilmer SR, Fernandez JM, Pereira CE, Shah RM, Woodard LD, Hatfield CL. Preliminary evaluation of pharmacy resident integration within an academic interprofessional patient aligned care team at a Veterans Affairs Academic Medical Center. Journal of Interprofessional Education & Practice 2019; 15: 55-59.
- Kusnoor AV, Gill AC, Hatfield CL, Ordonez N, Dello Stritto R, Landrum P, Teal CR, Ismail N. An Interprofessional Standardized Patient Case for Improving Collaboration, Shared Accountability, and Respect in Team-Based Family Discussions. MedEdPORTAL. 2019 Jan 04; 15:10791. PMID: 30800991.
- Misra M, Teal CR, Major AB, Waterhouse AO, Hatfield CL, Gill AC. No Place Like Home: The Impact on Medical Students of an Interprofessional Home Visit Experience with Pharmacy Students. MedEd Publish. 2017. http://doi.org/10.15694/mep.2017.000217
- Gill AC, Cowart JB, Hatfield CL, Dello Stritto RA, Landrum P, Ismail N, Nelson EA, Teal CR. Patient Safety Interprofessional Training for Medical, Nursing, and Pharmacy Students. MedEdPORTAL. 2017 Jun 15; 13:10595. PMID: 30800797.
- Tolleson SR, Ismail NJ, Gill AC, Dello Stritto RA, Hatfield MD, Teal CR, Nelson EA, Hatfield CL. Changes in Pharmacy Students After Experiencing Interprofessional Education Activities, Journal of Research in Interprofessional Practice and Education, 2016;6(1):1-18.
- Ismail NJ, Hatfield CL, Dello Stritto RA, Nelson EA, Teal CR. (2013) Shared Error: A Bridge across Interdisciplinary Bias. Medical Science Educator (Interprofessional Education - supplement, Innovation), 23(3S): 436-437, Fall 2013.
Awards & Honors
- Distinguished Scholar and Fellow, National Academies of Practice, March 2021 - Present