Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
Health 2, Room 4009
4349 Martin Luther King Boulevard
Houston, TX 77204-5037
Contact: jcwilder@.uh.edu - 832-842-8396
- Curricular integration of high-fidelity simulation activities to develop student's clinical confidence
- Incorporation of team-based learning strategies to foster the development of professional communication skills
- Designing instructional strategies which facilitate the development of problem-solving and critical thinking skills to optimize clinical reasoning
- B.S. Biochemistry, Carson-Newman University (College), Jefferson City, Tenn.
- Doctor of Pharmacy, Appalachian College of Pharmacy, Oakwood, Va.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction, University of Texas at Tyler, Tyler, Texas
- ASHP-accredited PGY1 Pharmacy Residency, Ballad Health (formerly Wellmont) Bristol Regional Medical Center, Bristol, Tenn.
Awards, Honors and Achievements
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS), Board of Pharmacy Specialties
- Board Certified Critical Care Pharmacist (BCCCP), Board of Pharmacy Specialties
- University of Texas at Tyler Ben and Maytee Fisch College of Pharmacy Class of 2024 Teacher of the Year, 2022
- Hampton University School of Pharmacy Department of Pharmacy Practice Professor of the Year - 2018 and 2019