Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
Health 2, Room 4015
4349 Martin Luther King Boulevard
Houston, TX 77204-5037
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - 832-842-8394
- Effect of emotional intelligence on personal and professional success
- Methods for effective active learning in skills-based courses
- Role of visual aids and optimal design in improving teaching and learning
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Houston College of Pharmacy, Houston, TX
- Fellowship in Academic Pharmacy, University of Houston College of Pharmacy, Houston, TX
- Shamsi A, De La Cruz A, Wanat M, El-Desoky R, Coyle E, Varkey D. An Evaluation of Emotional Intelligence and Pharmacy Students’ Leadership and Academic Performance. Poster presented at: American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy: Pharmacy Education; July, 2023; Aurora, CO.
- Varkey D, Shamsi A. Self, Version 2.0. Workshop at: American Pharmacists Association - Academy of Student Pharmacists Summer Leadership Institute; July, 2023; Washington, D.C.
- Shamsi A. Version 2.0: Creating Successful Interactions While Precepting. Online presentation at: PREMIER Center – Preceptor Education and Prescribing and Monitoring Controlled Substances Continuing Education Live Webinar; July, 2023; Houston, TX.
Awards, Honors and Achievements
- Trainee Poster Competition Finalist, 2023 AACP Pharmacy Education, July 2023, Aurora, CO