Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research
Assistant Dean of Experiential Programs
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
Health 2, Room 3026
4349 Martin Luther King Boulevard
Houston, TX 77204-5039
Contact: email@example.com - 832-842-8366
Experiential education, preceptor development, experiential site development, long-term care consulting pharmacy, geriatrics
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Houston College of Pharmacy, Houston, Texas
- B.S. in Biology & Chemistry (magna cum laude), Houston Baptist University, Houston, Texas
Science Direct Profile
- Ordonez ND. Infertility, in Women's Health Across the Lifespan: A Pharmacotherapeutic Approach. O'Connell MB, Smith JA, eds. 2nd ed. Bethesda, MD: American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Inc; 2019: Chapter 16
- DeRemer CE, Gant K, Ordonez ND, Yam NT. Precepting Fundamentals. In Cuellar LM, Ginsburg DB, eds. Preceptor's handbook for pharmacists. 4th ed. Bethesda, MD: American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Inc; 2019:Chapter 1
- Huang JC, Ordonez ND. Infertility, in Women's Health Across the Lifespan: A Pharmacotherapeutic Approach. O'Connell MB, Smith JA, eds. 1st ed. Bethesda: American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Inc; 2010;339-53.
- Danielson J, Besinque KH, Clarke C, Copeland D, Klinker DM, Maynor L, Newman K, Ordonez ND, Seo SW, Scott J, Tofade T, Worrall CL. Essential Elements for Core Required Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education; Posted online on 21 Feb 2019.
- Kusnoor AV, Gill AC, Hatfield CL, Ordonez ND, Dello Stritto R, Landrum P, Teal CR, Ismail N. An Interprofessional Standardized Patient Case for Improving Collaboration, Shared Accountability, and Respect in Team-Based Family Discussions. MedEdPORTAL. 2019 Jan 04; 15:10791. PMID: 30800991.
- Hickerson SC, Fleming ML, Sawant RV, Ordonez ND, Sansgiry SS. Predicting pharmacy students' intention to apply for a residency: A systemic theory of planned behavior approach. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching & Learning. 2016; 9(1):12-19.
- Design of the Module-Related Skills Labs (MRSLs) – A Multilayered Approach to Enhance APPE Readiness Dhara D. Surati, University of Houston, Kimberly Nguyen, University of Houston, Nancy D. Ordonez, University of Houston, Lindsay Schwarz, University of Houston, Alexa Vyain Zhao, University of Houston, Elizabeth A. Coyle, University of Houston, presented at School Posters Presented at the 121st Virtual Annual Meeting of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, July 13-31, 2020
Awards & Honors
- UH College of Pharmacy Phi Lambda Sigma Faculty Leadership Award 2021
- UH College of Pharmacy Faculty of the Semester Award - Fall 2020 and Spring 2021
- AACP Experiential Education Section - Programming Committee - 2020-2021
- AACP Taskforce Essential Elements Health-Systems Pharmacy
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, Board of Pharmacy Specialties