Kimberly A. Nguyen
Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research
Assistant Dean of Student and Professional Affairs
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
Health 2, Room 3018
4349 Martin Luther King Boulevard
Houston, TX 77204-5000
Contact: email@example.com - 832-842-8332
- Developing students to achieve success in academics, leadership, personal and career achievements.
- Learning strategies and methods to support students long-term information retention.
- Implementing various active learning techniques into classroom, presentations, and seminars to engage audience participation.
- Foster and develop the next generation of pharmacists
- Pharm.D., University of Houston, Houston, Texas
- Pharmacy Practice Residency (PGY-1), Dallas VA Medical Center & Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Dallas, TX
- Infectious Diseases Residency (PGY-2), The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Surati D. Nguyen KA, Zhao AI, Schwarz L, Ordonez ND, Coyle EA. Design of the module-related skills labs (MRSLs) A multilayered approach to enhance APPE readiness. Presented at AACP Annual Meeting 2020, Virtual meeting.
- David A Wallace, Kimberly A Nguyen, Grace M Kuo (2019). Teaching Across Diverse Student Populations. In LM Cuellar, DB Ginsburg (Eds.), ASHP Preceptor’s Handbook for Pharmacist (pp 395-408).
- Improving hospital consumer assessment of healthcare providers and systems (HCAHPS) scores and increasing patient education through interprofessional collaboration: an opportunity for pharmacists and pharmacy students. Kathryn Pidcock, PharmD, BCPS Shiney Karikottu, PharmD; Kimberly Nguyen, PharmD. ASHP Summer Meeting 2018, Denver, Colorado
Awards & Honors
- 2020 Faculty Leadership Award, Phi Lambda Sigma Pharmacy Leadership Society
- 2018 Outstanding Founding Vice President, Advisor and Visionary, Vietnamese-American Pharmacy Student Society
- 2017 Recognition of Support, Vietnamese American Pharmacists Association
- 2021-2022 Chair, TSHP Residency Excellence Award Committee
- 2020-2021 Member, AACP Student Services Communications Committee & Mentoring Subcommittee
- 2018-2019 Chair, AACP Experiential Education Section Newsletter Committee
- 2018-2019 Member, TSHP Editorial Advisory Board
- 2017-2018 Chair, Student Advisory Group, Vietnamese American Pharmacist Association
- 2017-2018 Secretary, TSHP Education Affairs Council