Kimberly A. Nguyen
Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research
Assistant Dean of Student and Professional Affairs
Office: Health 2
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
4849 Calhoun, Room 3018
Houston, TX 77204-5000
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - 832-842-8332
- Developing students to achieve success in academics, leadership, personal and career achievements.
- Learning strategies and methods to support students long-term information retention.
- Implementing various active learning techniques into classroom, presentations, and seminars to engage audience participation.
- Foster and develop the next generation of pharmacists
- Pharm.D., University of Houston, Houston, Texas
- Pharmacy Practice Residency (PGY-1), Dallas VA Medical Center & Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Dallas, TX
- Infectious Diseases Residency (PGY-2), The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Surati D. Nguyen KA, Zhao AI, Schwarz L, Ordonez ND, Coyle EA. Design of the module-related skills labs (MRSLs) A multilayered approach to enhance APPE readiness. Presented at AACP Annual Meeting 2020, Virtual meeting.
- David A Wallace, Kimberly A Nguyen, Grace M Kuo (2019). Teaching Across Diverse Student Populations. In LM Cuellar, DB Ginsburg (Eds.), ASHP Preceptor’s Handbook for Pharmacist (pp 395-408).
- Improving hospital consumer assessment of healthcare providers and systems (HCAHPS) scores and increasing patient education through interprofessional collaboration: an opportunity for pharmacists and pharmacy students. Kathryn Pidcock, PharmD, BCPS Shiney Karikottu, PharmD; Kimberly Nguyen, PharmD. ASHP Summer Meeting 2018, Denver, Colorado
Awards & Honors
- 2020 Faculty Leadership Award, Phi Lambda Sigma Pharmacy Leadership Society
- 2018 Outstanding Founding Vice President, Advisor and Visionary, Vietnamese-American Pharmacy Student Society
- 2017 Recognition of Support, Vietnamese American Pharmacists Association
- 2021-2022 Chair, TSHP Residency Excellence Award Committee
- 2020-2021 Member, AACP Student Services Communications Committee & Mentoring Subcommittee
- 2018-2019 Chair, AACP Experiential Education Section Newsletter Committee
- 2018-2019 Member, TSHP Editorial Advisory Board
- 2017-2018 Chair, Student Advisory Group, Vietnamese American Pharmacist Association
- 2017-2018 Secretary, TSHP Education Affairs Council