Associate Professor of Pharmaceutics
Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Office: Health 2
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
4849 Calhoun, Room 7046
Houston, TX 77204-5037
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - Office: 832-842-8301 - Fax: 832-842-8305
- Cancer Biology
- Cancer Pharmacology
- Drug Delivery
- Drug Discovery
- Ph.D. in Molecular Pharmacology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Cancer Therapeutics, Graduate Division of State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- B.S. in Cell Biology, Department of Biology, The University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, P.R. China
Google Scholar Profile
- Liu J., Sun M., Cho KB, Gao X., Guo B. 2021 A CRISPR-Cas9 repressor for epigenetic silencing of KRAS. Pharmacological Research 164, 105304.
- Amina S.J. and Guo B. 2020 A Review on the Synthesis and Functionalization of Gold Nanoparticles as a Drug Delivery Vehicle. International Journal of Nanomedicine 15, 9823
- Wang L., Zhou S., Guo B. 2020 Vitamin D Suppresses Ovarian Cancer Growth and Invasion by Targeting Long Non-Coding RNA CCAT2. International Journal of Molecular Sciences 21, 2334.
- Liu J., Guo B. 2020 RNA-based therapeutics for colorectal cancer: Updates and future directions. Pharmacological Research 152:104550. doi: 10.1016/j.phrs.2019.104550.
- Wang L., Cho K.B., Li Y., Tao G., Xie Z., Guo B. 2019 Long Noncoding RNA (lncRNA)-Mediated Competing Endogenous RNA Networks Provide Novel Potential Biomarkers and Therapeutic Targets for Colorectal Cancer. International Journal of Molecular Sciences 20, 5758.
- Zheng Z., Li Z., Xu C., Guo B., Guo P. 2019 Folate-displaying exosome mediated cytosolic delivery of siRNA avoiding endosome trapping. Journal of Controlled Release 311-312:43-49.
- Pi F., Binzel DW, Lee TJ, Li Z., Sun M., Rychahou P., Li H., Haque F., Wang S., Croce CM, Guo B., Evers BM, Guo P. 2018 Nanoparticle orientation to control RNA loading and ligand display on extracellular vesicles for cancer regression. Nature Nanotechnology 13(1): 82-89.
- Sun M., Zhang Q., Yang X., Qian S., and Guo B. 2016 Vitamin D enhances the efficacy of irinotecan through miR-627-mediated inhibition of intratumoral drug metabolism Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 15(9): 2086-95.
- Binzel DW, Shu Y., Li, H., Sun M., Zhang Q., Shu D., Guo B., and Guo P. 2016 Specific delivery of miRNA for high efficient inhibition of prostate cancer by RNA nanotechnology. Molecular Therapy 24(7): 1267-1277.
- Zhang Q., Padi KR S., Tindall DJ, and Guo B. 2014 Polycomb protein EZH2 suppresses apoptosis by silencing the pro-apoptotic miR-31. Cell Death and Disease, 5, e1486.
- Padi KR S., Zhang Q., Rustum YM, Morrison C., and Guo B. 2013 MicroRNA-627 mediates the epigenetic mechanism of vitamin D to suppress proliferation of human colorectal cancer cells and growth of xenograft tumors in mice. Gastroenterology, 145(2): 437-46.
- Bhatnagar N., Li X., Padi KR S., Zhang Q., Tang M., and Guo B. 2010 Downregulation of miR-205 and miR-31 confers resistance to chemotherapy-induced apoptosis in prostate cancer cells. Cell Death and Disease, 1, e105.
- Li Y., Li X., and Guo B. 2010 Chemopreventive agent 3,3'-Diindolylmethane selectively induces proteasomal degradation of class I histone deacetylases. Cancer Research, 70(2): 646-54.
- Huang X., Li X., and Guo B. 2008 KLF6 induces apoptosis in prostate cancer cells through up-regulation of ATF3. Journal of Biological chemistry, 283(44):29795-801.
- Huang X. and Guo B. 2006 Adenomatous polyposis coli Determines Sensitivity to Histone Deacetylase Inhibitor-Induced Apoptosis in Colon Cancer Cells. Cancer Research, 66(18):9245-51.
Awards & Honors
- The Dean's Award for Excellence in Research, NDSU College of Pharmacy, 2016
- The Dean's Award for Excellence in Research, NDSU College of Pharmacy, 2010