The Hines College Alumni Awards Committee is tasked to create an annual program honoring distinguished and committed alumni for their service to the profession, academia, and the global alumni community, and whose accomplishments and careers have brought recognition to the University of Houston.
The following are awarded annually:
- The Distinguished Alumni Award recognizes an individual demonstrating outstanding and uncommon achievement in their professional field and/or distinguished civic or public service.
- The Leadership Alumni Award is given to an individual who has demonstrated outstanding and uncommon leadership by linking the community and the profession, through projects, initiatives, and public engagement.
- The Successful Entrepreneur Award recognizes an individual contributing significantly towards the development of entrepreneurship in the fields of design craftsmanship and innovation through outstanding proven performance as a business owner.
- The Innovator Alumni Award is given to an individual who has demonstrated outstanding and innovative multi-disciplinary design and business skills applied to complex problem-solving.
- The Outstanding Young Alumni Award is given to an individual, who has graduated within the past ten years, demonstrating outstanding and uncommon achievement in their professional field and/or distinguished civic or public service, early in their career.