The Hines College Alumni Awards Committee is tasked to create an annual program honoring distinguished and committed alumni for their service to the profession, academia, and the global alumni community, and whose accomplishments and careers have brought recognition to the University of Houston.
The 2022 Alumni Awards will be presented at the Architecture and Design Alumni Association's annual meeting on September 14th.
The 2023 Alumni Awards nominations will open in spring 2023.
Professional License: Not Required
- Nominate yourself or someone else.
- The award is a one-time honor; therefore, previous award recipients are not eligible.
- Members of the UHCOAD Alumni Board of Directors and the Award Selection Committee are not eligible for consideration.
- The nominee must hold a University of Houston System earned degree or have completed at least twelve semester hours at UH.
- The nominee must be distinguished in his or her business, profession, work, or another worthy endeavor.
- The nominee must be a person of such integrity, stature, and demonstrated ability that the award will reflect honor on the University of Houston and create a sense of pride among members of the University community.
- The nominee must have demonstrated a continuing interest in the University of Houston.
The following documents are required to be submitted in the Nomination Form:
- Completed nomination form
- One-page cover letter addressed to “Selection Committee”
- Biography (with complete contact information) - maximum 5 pages (file size limited to 16 MB)
- Relevant content to support the nomination (narrative, articles, images, etc.) - maximum 10 pages (file size limited to 16 MB)
- 2 letters of support
No late entries. No exceptions.
The following are awarded annually:
- The Distinguished Alumni Award recognizes an individual demonstrating outstanding and uncommon achievement in their professional field and/or distinguished civic or public service.
- The Leadership Alumni Award is given to an individual who has demonstrated outstanding and uncommon leadership by linking the community and the profession, through projects, initiatives, and public engagement.
- The Successful Entrepreneur Award recognizes an individual contributing significantly towards the development of entrepreneurship in the fields of design craftsmanship and innovation through outstanding proven performance as a business owner.
- The Innovator Alumni Award is given to an individual who has demonstrated outstanding and innovative multi-disciplinary design and business skills applied to complex problem-solving.
- The Outstanding Young Alumni Award is given to an individual, who has graduated within the past ten years, demonstrating outstanding and uncommon achievement in their professional field and/or distinguished civic or public service, early in their career.