Click here to explore Division of Research (DOR) funding opportunities.
Researchers are encouraged to sign up for a PIVOT account, a free tool to get connected to funding opportunities. Refer to the Pivot Quick State Guide for help getting started.
Researchers may also register for an ORCID ID here. ORCID provides a persistent digital identifier (an ORCID ID) that you own and control, distinguishing you from other researchers. Some research publishers may require an ORCID ID for submission.
Internal Award opportunities are also available through DOR.
Notify the Hines College’s Research Liaison Officer – Maria Modelska (firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-743-3677) – of your intent to submit a proposal as early in the process as possible.
When preparing your submission, here are a several tips to consider:
- Match the funding source for your goals and objectives
- Talk to the program officer
- Notify the Hines College’s Research Liaison Officer of your intent to submit
- Read carefully and follow the submission guidelines for the proposal
- Set and follow a reasonable timeline based on the deadline
- Ask colleagues to read your proposal and provide critical comments
- Be thorough and thoughtful when developing your budget
- If your proposal is not funded, carefully read the reviewer comments, and try again!
Proposal Submission Guidelines
- New Faculty Research Resources
- Proposal Preparation
- Calculating budget
- Human Subjects/IRB
- Data Management
- Division of Research Forms
- Division of Research Training
- NSF Proposal Checklist
- Data Management Resources from the UH Library
- Data Management Plan Examples(Courtesy of Rice University)
- Sample Postdoctoral Mentoring Plan(Courtesy of Scott Gilbertson)