Skip to main content


Academic Support

College of Education CITE Lab: Location: third floor of Farish Hall, the CITE Lab offers College of Education students special services such as use of computer labs and printing services.  The CITE Lab also offers College of Education students 2000 printing credits per semester, equipment check-out options, conference poster printing and design assistance!  This service is only available to COE students. 

LAUNCH (Learning Advancements for UNdergraduate Cougars of Houston): Location: Cougar Village 1, room N109.  Learning Support Services (LSS) offers drop-in tutoring for over 500 courses offered at UH.  LSS also offers workshops in time management, test preparation, note-taking, and much more.

Center for Academic Support and Assessment (CASA):  Locations:  Garrison Gym, room 221, and the Classroom and Business Building (CBB), room 242.  Designed by the Department of Mathematics, CASA provides academic support to all students who struggle with Math.

UH Writing Center:  Location: Classroom and Business Building (CBB), room 234.  The UH Writing Center is a valuable tool for students in all writing levels.  They are designed not only for those who struggle with academic writing, but also for those who want to better their writing or need advice on formatting.

UH Libraries:  Location: The M.D. Anderson Library is the main library on campus and is located near the University Center.  The university also has library resources in the Architecture Building and Law. As a student you also receive 500 printing credits per semester that you can use in the M.D. Anderson Library as well as computers, laptops, and study spaces.

UH Information Technology:  UIT offers assistance on computer accounts, email, equipment check-out, password resets, software, and training.

UH Testing Services:  Location: Student Service Center 1, room 204.  Testing services is the place to go if you need to take a national test, credit by exam, or placement test.  You can see all the exams offered at their website.

Student Support

Justin Dart Jr., Student Accessibility Center:  Location:  CSD Building, room 110. The CSD office offers services such as attendant care, specialized computer work stations, zoom text, Braille, and much more.  Most professors require students to be registered with CSD to receive special accommodations.

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS):  Location:  Student Health 2 Building, room 2005. CAPS offers services for a wide variety of issues that may interfere with daily life such as low academic performance, stress, anxiety, loneliness, identity issues, etc.  CAPS provides a safe, confidential atmosphere which allows students to feel comfortable sharing their issues.

Center for Student Empowerment:  Location:  Student Service Center 1, room 302. If you have a minor obstacle, the UEP program can help you before you have a major setback to your degree achievements.  Are you food insecure?  Have you become homeless?  Are you an undocumented student with or without DACA status?  Contact the UEP office and see how they can help!

GLOBAL: A student organization that is a safe and supportive space for LGBTQ people on campus to access resources, ask questions, and make connections. Find GLOBAL by logging in to AccessUH and selecting the Get Involved icon.

Veteran’s Affairs:  Location:  University Center North, room 202. Veteran’s Affairs can assist Veterans with applying for the GI Bill, withdrawal options when called to duty, and enrollment certification.

Office of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSSO):  Location: University Center North, room 203.  International students is the place to turn for all information regarding change of status, reinstatements, and extensions. If you are an international student and have an emergency such as medical or arrest, you should contact them immediately.

There are many more resources the university offers. If you have an issue you would like to have addressed and do not see it listed above, please contact your Academic Advisor. The advisors in the COE Undergraduate Studies office have access to all the many resources our great university has to share with you.  In most cases these resources are FREE for you to use.