Overview | Approval Process | Graduation Checklist | Students & Guests | Directions | FAQ
A video of the 2021 commencement ceremony is online for viewing.
2020 Graduates’ Commencement Ceremony
As planning takes place for the in-person commencement ceremony for 2020 graduates, please find information below:
- The College of Education’s ceremony will be held at 7 p.m. on Thursday, August 12, 2021 at the Fertitta Center.
- Tickets will be required for guests to enter — up to four guests.
- The four guest tickets will be emailed to each graduate who RSVP'd to participate in the ceremony by July 16, 2021. Please note, those graduates will not need a ticket for themselves.
- If you are a 2020 graduate and RSVP'd to participate and do not receive your guest tickets by July 16, please contact the ticket office at 713-462-6647 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will commence with the Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management and the College of Technology.
- For up-to-date details, please visit uh.edu/commencement and regularly check your email.
General Info for the Ceremony
- A week before the College of Education graduation ceremony, you will receive detailed information about what to expect, where to go, etc.
- Students should arrive by 5:30 p.m. for check-in at the Fertitta Center via the Club Entry (located off Holman St.) on campus.
- Doors open at 6 p.m. for guests via the main entrance (located off Holman St.) on campus.
- Only guests with ADA needs may enter at 5:30 p.m.
- Parking for guests and students will be free in the Stadium Parking Garage.
- The Fertitta Center has a clear bag policy.
Must Do Before Graduation (spring and fall)
- Make sure you apply for graduation.
- Log onto AccessUH, select myUH, Academic Records, My Academics (top right tab), Apply for graduation on the bottom box.
Please Read Before Graduation
Additional Pre-Graduation Activities
- Get Your Cougar Spirit Cord.
- Attend the Ring Ceremony hosted by the UH Alumni Association.
- Questions? Contact COE Graduation Coordinator Paula Canada.
Information for In-Person Graduation Ceremonies
A Letter From the Dean
Dear Future Graduate,
Congratulations on your approaching graduation! What an exciting time! You will soon join over 300,000 UH alumni. Just as your family and friends share in the joy of your achievement, your UH family is also happy for you. Our faculty and staff know you will transform lives and bring excellence to your future careers. As dean of the College of Education, I want to say how proud I am of the accomplishments of the graduating class. It has been an honor to serve you.
We hope that you celebrate your graduation milestone with us at the upcoming commencement and continue to show your UH spirit as an active alumni. You will receive important details about graduation via email and can find more information on this page.
Our best wishes are with you as you change the world. You are the pride.
Robert H. McPherson, Ph.D.
Professor and Dean, Elizabeth D. Rockwell Chair