Fueling the Body
Did You Know?
Meditation decreases inflammation, anxiety, depression and anger. It also increases your pain threshold and helps you to sleep.
Balance of the MIND, BODY, and SPIRIT enables one to envision the unimaginable, achieve the impossible and create harmonious connections for the spirit to soar."
- A healthy diet low in fat and high in essential nutrients reduces the risk of memory loss, helps to prevent strokes and boosts alertness.
- Drinking water; limiting processed foods and artificial stimulants; eating protein, fat and carbohydrates with every meal; exercising for a healthy heart and blood flow to eliminate toxins and getting plenty of rest will improve overall health.
- Having supportive relationships, creates positive effects in that it is one of the strongest predictors of well-being.
- 39%of female students at the University of Houston have trouble sleeping.
- 144kThe number of calories that college students consume in fast food each year.
- 29%of male students at the University of Houston have trouble sleeping.
- 54%of college students use their college wellness programs.