UH Wellness launched an active bystander intervention program for students called Step UP! This evidence-based program educates students to effectively and safely intervene in instances of potential harm. This 45-minute skill-building session includes learning how to safely intervene and practice with real-life examples.
Goals of Step UP! include:
- Educate students on intervening as a bystander
- Raise awareness of helping behaviors
- Increase motivation to help
- Develop skills and confidence when responding to problems
- Ensure the well-being of all UH students