Wednesday, October 25, 2023
11 AM- 1 PM
Lynn Eusan Park
(Rain Location: Campus Recreation)
Fresh Check Day is a national event from the Jordan Porco Foundation that seeks to bring awareness of various types of mental health issues and coping strategies, along with collegiate mental health resources in an approachable and interactive experience. Join us for interactive booths, free giveaways, and an honest and open conversation on mental health!
By attending this event, participants will be able to:
- Increase their awareness of UH mental health resources available to students.
- Identify ways to reduce stigma and misconceptions around mental health and suicide.
- Empower peers to be gatekeepers by understanding warning signs and knowing what to do if a friend is exhibiting signs of suicide or a mental health concern.
- Expand willingness to ask for help if experiencing emotional distress.
Thank you to our partners!
- A.D. Bruce Religion Center
- Campus Recreation
- Center for Student Advocacy and Community
- College of Pharmacy
- Cougars in Recovery
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Dean of Students
- Justin Dart, Jr. Student Accessibility Center
- Student Housing and Residential Life
- Women and Gender Resource Center