Certificates and Certifications
The University of Houston College of Education offers several graduate-level certificate and certification-only programs that allow students to learn new skills in high-demand fields and grow professionally.
These are not degree programs but are taught by our same expert professors. These programs typically can be completed in one to two semesters. Completed certificate coursework may be used toward a graduate degree in the College with approval.
Certificate Programs | Certification-Only Programs | Admissions | Completion
These certificate programs are designed for students who already have a bachelor’s degree and are looking to enhance their professional skills.
Learning, Design and Technology
These programs focus on the latest instructional strategies and tools to enhance your teaching — whether you work in K – 12, higher education, health care or business:
- Certificate in Designing and Developing Educational Graphics (not currently accepting applications)
- Certificate in Multimedia
- Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning
- Certificate in Integrating Innovative Technologies in Health Science Education
Read testimonials from students and learn more about our learning, design and technology certificate programs.
This program is designed for educators and other professionals who work with individuals with disabilities:
These programs help prepare students who already have a degree for state certification:
- Alternative Certification Program for Aspiring Teachers
- Educational Diagnostician Certification
- K-12 Principal Certification Only
These graduate certificate and certification-only programs do not award degrees. However, applicants must go through the formal admissions process and be admitted to the University of Houston. Please read the following information closely: