Visiting Researchers in Lab - University of Houston
Skip to main content

Visiting Researchers in UH Laboratories

Persons 18 years of age and above, not affiliated with the University will be allowed to visit, volunteer in, access, participate and/or conduct academic research at the University of Houston (UH) under the direction or mentorship of a UH Sponsor.

Refer to EHS Policy Governing Visiting Researchers in UH Laboratories.

UH Sponsor who is hosting a Visiting Researcher at UH laboratories as part of an educational research experience (not under UH employment and not a UH student) must complete the following prior to engaging the Visiting Researcher in laboratory research activities:

  • Submit the Visiting Researcher Application Form, obtain EHS written recommendations*, Department Chair/College Dean approval
  • Obtain signed Release and Indemnification Agreement* “Consent Form” from the Visiting Researcher
  • My UHID or PeopleSoft ID # from Department Business Office

*EHS will provide the UH Release and Indemnification Agreement form after initial review of application.