You should start with Cougar Pathway which is the University’s career gateway for job openings. You can upload your resume, search and apply for jobs/internships and get email notifications. From time to time the department receive information regarding job openings from both the private and public sectors which we typically email to all students in the department’s mailing list of majors (or the students that qualify in regards to their GPA).
To learn more about specific occupations, search the online Occupational Outlook Handbook published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics which provides job descriptions, earnings statistics and job market prospects for a wide variety of occupations including economist and economics-related jobs. Also read the collection of essays detailing the life of business economists working in the private sector in the Business Economics Career Center. from the National Association for Business Economics.
If you are already looking for a job, then you should look in the websites below. Read here for job titles and search key words.
- Cougar Pathway
- Careers & Internships Facebook Page
- American Economic Association
- Simply Hired
- Nonprofit Career Network
- Environmental Career Opportunities
- Economic Development Association
- National Association for Business Economics
- United Nations Careers
- Many entry-level positions across a variety of departments.
- Federal Reserve Board, Research assistant, Internships, Co-ops, others
- State Department
- Central Intelligence Agency
- The World Bank