The department of Economics at the University of Houston is made up of an innovative group of scholars who are dedicated to producing top-flight research while training our students in the latest techniques in economic analysis. Learn more
- The Economics Department is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Kei-Mu Yi as the M. D. Anderson Chair in Economics. He will join the department in January 2016. More…
- The Economics Department is pleased to announce the appointment of Fan Wang as a new assistant professor starting fall 2015. He is currently completing his Ph.D. at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Senior economics major and Honors College student Cassie Gianni will soon explore new global and academic frontiers as UH's first Rangel Graduate Fellow. Congratulations Cassie!
- Professor Chinhui Juhn wins a prestigious Russell Sage Foundation Visiting Scholar Award for 2015-2016. She will conduct research in New York City on her research project (with Elizabeth Gregory) “Who Needs Kids? Fertility, Workforce and the Future.”
- Professor Steven Craig named Interim Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences February 1, 2015.
- Six economics PhD candidates presented posters at the 1st Annual Graduate Research and Scholarship Projects (GRaSP) Day held on October 31, 2014 at the University Center. The six presenters were Chon Kit Ao, Mike Hsu, Wen Long, Ryan Ruddy, Edson Silveira Sobrinho and Jacob Smith.
- Undergrad Taylor Thorns was one of 21 students selected to attend the American Economic Association Summer 2014 Training Program at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque. His six-week experience in training for economics grad school is featured in the November CLASS newsletter and the Honors College scholar profiles web page. Congratulations Taylor!
- We welcome new faculty members Assistant Professor Willa Helterline Friedman and Assistant Professor Liliana Varela to our department!
Check out recent research papers written by our faculty.
Check out the latest presentations given by our faculty.