- Six economics PhD candidates presented posters at the 1st Annual Graduate Research and Scholarship Projects (GRaSP) Day held on October 31, 2014 at the University Center. The six presenters were Chon Kit Ao, Mike Hsu, Wen Long, Ryan Ruddy, Edson Silveira Sobrinho and Jacob Smith.
- Undergrad Taylor Thorns was one of 21 students selected to attend the American Economic Association Summer 2014 Training Program at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque. His six-week experience in training for economics grad school is featured in the November CLASS newsletter and the Honors College scholar profiles web page. Congratulations Taylor!
- Summer visitor Dr. Daniel Arribas-Bel (University of Birmingham, UK) offers a mini-course on spatial analysis and spatial econometrics.
- We welcome new faculty member Assistant Professor Willa Helterline Friedman and Assistant Professor Liliana Varela to our department.
- Professor Steven G. Craig recently appointed Associate Dean of Faculty Research for the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences.
- Job market seeking masters of applied economics
- University of Houston hosted the 2013 Stata Texas Empirical Microeconomics Conference.
- Professor Janet Kohlhase was awarded the David E. Boyce Award by North American Regional Science Council (NARSC)
- Professor Steve Craig, graduate student Elisabetta Gentile win teaching awards
- Professor Aimee Chin collaborates on research featured on VoxEU
- Professor David Papell questions Bernanke at 2010 American Economic Association meeting
Economics Virtual Library
The University of Houston Libraries manages a web page which features popular resources for researchers studying economics. The Economics Virtual Library includes access to World Development Indicators, a comprehensive database of development data; Hoovers, a database of comprehensive reports from publicly traded companies; International Financial Statistics, a publication and database maintained by the International Monetary Fund; The Social Science Research Network, which includes access to articles in varying disciplines; as well as thousands of books and journals encompassing many different subjects.
Read more about upcoming seminars.