Department of Economics
University of Houston
204 McElhinney Hall
Houston, TX 77204-5019
Phone: (713) 743-3800
Fax: (713) 743-3798
- Professor Steven G. Craig recently appointed Associate Dean of Faculty Research for the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences.
- Job market seeking masters of applied economics
- Professor Janet Kohlhase was awarded the David E. Boyce Award by North American Regional Science Council (NARSC)
- Professor Steve Craig, graduate student Elisabetta Gentile win teaching awards
- Professor Aimee Chin collaborates on research featured on VoxEU
- Professor David Papell questions Bernanke at 2010 American Economic Association meeting
Economics Virtual Library
The University of Houston Libraries manages a web page which features popular resources for researchers studying economics. The Economics Virtual Library includes access to World Development Indicators, a comprehensive database of development data; Hoovers, a database of comprehensive reports from publicly traded companies; International Financial Statistics, a publication and database maintained by the International Monetary Fund; The Social Science Research Network, which includes access to articles in varying disciplines; as well as thousands of books and journals encompassing many different subjects.
Read more about upcoming seminars.