University of Houston
University Career Services Virtual STUDENT / ALUMNI Resources
Weekly UCS Updates
UCS Virtual Message: Week of April 20
Virtual Chats: Log onto www.uh.edu/ucs and look for the Get Help (Live Chat) button on the bottom right of the screen.
- Mondays: 9am - 12pm and 1pm - 5pm
- Tuesdays: 9am - 12pm and 1pm - 5pm
- Wednesdays: 9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm
- Thursdays: 9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm
- Fridays: 1pm - 4pm
Cougar Pathway: Cougar Pathway is accessible to ALL UH students. Log into Access UH and click the Cougar Pathway icon. Below are some of the items you can access for FREE:
- Virtual Career Counseling: Schedule a virtual career counseling appointment with one of our career counselors (meet by phone or video)
- Once on the home page, click COUNSELING & CALENDAR (left column), click Counseling Appt. Then click Request New Appointment.
- Virtual Workshops: Attend a virtual career workshop
- Once on the home page, click Events (left column), WORKSHOPS and click into the event to get the zoom link and details
- Virtual Employer Meet & Greets: Meet virtually with employers seeking to recruit UH students
- Once on the home page, click Events (left column), MEET & GREETS and click into the event to get the zoom link and details
- Search for jobs: View, Search and Apply for jobs through Cougar Pathway with an approved resume
- Once on the home page, click JOBS (left column), click search and filter through position types or keyword search.
- Need an approved resume? Use our virtual chats to get advice or review your resume.
Coog Careers Workbook: Check out the UCS online career workbook for tips, tricks and tools for everything from resume creation to negotiating your salary.
COVID-19 Job Search Resources (Unemployment Benefits)
Resources for Remote Work:
- 330 Tools for Remote Work
- What You Really Need to Know About Remote Work
- How to Find and Land a Remote Job That's Right for You
- Remote Job Hunting
- State of Remote Work: Comprehensive global report on the state of affairs (pre-COVID-19)
Remote Job Boards:
- Finding Remote Work
- Best Remote Job Boards
- 4 Best Places to Find Remote Jobs
- Virtual Companies Thrive on Remote Work
University Career Services Virtual EMPLOYER/SUPERVISOR Resources
Post job/internships in Cougar Pathway: Engage with our students virtually by posting your open job opportunities for FREE within Cougar Pathway. Employers can make positions open campus-wide or filter to specific majors and classifications. We encourage all employers to review our recruiting policies to understand our requirements for approval
- Step 1: Create an account:https://uh.edu/ucs/employers/create-an-account/
- Step 2: Post a job or internship:https://uh.edu/ucs/employers/post-a-job-or-internship
Schedule a Virtual Meet & Greet: Our team is developing a Virtual Meet & Greet series starting in April 2020. We will set up a Zoom meeting and invite students to attend based off your hiring needs. Employers are required to have approved job postings in Cougar Pathway and be able to virtually log into a Zoom meeting.
- Email Caitlin Deis for available dates and times
Schedule a Virtual On-campus Interview: Are you needing to interview students? Let us know! Our team can help you develop an online virtual interview schedule.
- Dawnelle Prince for available dates and times
On-campus student employment / College Work-Study
- Email Larissa Rios for student employment updates
University Career Services Event Updates
- Event information coming soon