View our Spring Save the Date Event Flyer
University Career Services hosts a series of workshops throughout the year on a variety of career-related topics. Click below to view this semester’s lineup:
Employer Meet & Greets
During Meet & Greets employers make presentations on topics that include the organization's career opportunities, culture, products or services, and open positions. Students will have an opportunity to speak with the representatives in small groups or individually before or after the presentation. Professional or "business casual" dress is encouraged.
University Career Services plans special events throughout the year that are geared towards helping all students prepare for virtual career fairs, graduate school, virtual interviewing, or confidently choosing this major. Virtual events for this semester will include our Graduate School Open House, JCPenney Suit-Up event, #Prepare4TheFair Week, Graduate School Prep Week, Major and Career Exploration Week, and more!
- View the upcoming Special Events on the Event Calendar
*This event is for undecided students and all students exploring majors*
If you need to declare or change your major, or are not sure what major is right for you, don't miss this event!
Meet with Academic Advisors from Liberal Arts, Business, Architecture & Design, the College of Technology, Hotel & Restaurant Management, Biomedical Engineering, and more to learn about major requirements and explore paths that may be a good fit for you!
RSVP in Cougar Pathway to receive the MS Teams access link on the day of the event.
Join University Career Services, the Department of Economics, and the Economics Society for a special Women in Economics Event! Meet professionals working in the field of Economics and hear their advice for your job or internship search. Individuals of all genders are welcome to attend!
Michelle Tran, Research Assistant at Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve
Christine Schlenker, Vice President at Great Houston Port Bureau
Mary Dang, Investment Analyst at Mosaic Advisors
Emily Epps, Economist at Louisiana Workforce Commission
RSVP IS REQUIRED in Cougar Pathway to receive the link for the live Zoom session. NOTE: Access links will be emailed to your @uh.edu email.
A Career Fair is an event where recruiters and students can meet to discuss potential internship or career opportunities. During a Career Fair (traditionally) recruiters will greet you at booths and students will explore the event, stopping at booths to introduce themselves to the recruiter and give their resume. At the University of Houston, there are multiple Career Fairs per semester.
Career Fair advice for students:
- Review UCS online prep resources on @CoogCareers YouTube channel
- Dress in business professional attire (even though it's virtual)
- Review the list of participating employers - narrow down the list and research the companies
- View the career fair Diversity Statement List.
Spring 2021 UCS Career FairsUniversity Career Services hosted Career Fairs (open to ALL majors)
- STEM Career Fair
- College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences Career & Graduate School Fair
- Communications Career Mixer
- Thursday, April 8, 2021
- Time: 12PM-3PM, CST
- Virtually hosted through Cougar Pathway
- Open to all currently enrolled UH Central, UH @ Sugar Land and UH @ Katy students
- View currently registered employers
Spring 2021 College Based Career Fairs
- College of Technology Career Fair (Virtual / Handshake) – February 9 & 12, 2021
- College of Engineering Career Fair (Virtual / e-Connection) – Thursday, February 11, 2021
- College of Business Career Fair (Virtual / Bauer Gateway) – Friday, February 12, 2021
- Computer Science Career Fair (Virtual / Cougar Pathway) – Wednesday, February 17, 2021
- College of Hotel and Restaurant Management Career Fair (Virtual / Hire Hilton) - Thursday, February 18, 2021
- College of Architecture and Design Career Fair (Virtual / Zoom) – Friday, March 5, 2021
Attend virtual graduate/professional school fairs and career fairs from anywhere. UH students and alumni can connect with non-UH System affiliated virtual sessions to learn more about graduate programs and job opportunities within a variety of industries.