Cougar Pathway is the University Career Services hub for UH students and alumni. Cougar Pathway is an easy to use platform that allows students and alumni to schedule career counseling appointments, review and RSVP for upcoming events and apply to jobs and internships.
- Cougar Pathway introduction
- How to apply to jobs in Cougar Pathway
- How to schedule a career counseling appointment
1:1 Career Counseling
Schedule a 30 minute, one on one career counseling appointment. During the appointment, you can discuss any career-related topic, from resume/cv to salary negotiation. Have an interview coming up? We also host mock interviews and can help you prepare.
- Wednesdays, 2PM-4PM, CST: Dr. Tiffany Bitting
- Fridays, 1PM-3PM, CST: Caitlin Deis
- Appointments are scheduled through Cougar Pathway and new availability is added 2 weeks in advance
Workshops and Events
We host virtual and in-person workshops specific to graduate and professional student needs. Students need to RSVP in Cougar Pathway under “Events”. The meeting link will be shared prior to the event via email.
- Wednesday, Jan 26, 2022, 3PM-4PM, CST: Networking for Graduate Students
- Wednesday, Feb 23, 2022, 3PM-4PM, CST: Academia vs Industry Job Search
- Wednesday, Mar 30, 2022, 3PM-4PM, CST: Professional Development 101
- Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 3-4PM, CST: Salary Negotiation and Evaluating a Job Offer
Graduate and Professional Student Appreciation Week
April 4 - April 8, 2022
Graduate and Professional Student Appreciation Week was created in 1993 by the National Association of Graduate-Professional Students as a way to show support and appreciation for the contributions, impact, and value of graduate and professional students.
RSVP in Cougar Pathway for more details and to learn more about ways we will celebrate graduate and professional students during the first week of April.
CV, Resumes & Cover Letters
Previously Recorded Workshops
UH Graduate School
Identity-based Resources for Graduate Students
Latinas REACH (Realizing Educational Attainment as a Community of Hermanas) is a discussion group for Latina-identified graduate students at the University of Houston. Created as a collaboration between Student Outreach and Support (SOS), Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), and the Women and Gender Resource Center (WGRC), REACH centers the experiences of Latina scholars and provides participants with a space to receive support, share resources, and build community. View the semester lineup by going to CAPS website.
Sista Circle is a discussion group for individuals that identify as black women graduate students at the University of Houston. Created as a collaboration between Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), the Women and Gender Resource Center (WGRC), the Center for Diversity and Inclusion and University Career Services, Sista Circle provides a space to receive support, share resources, and build community. View the semester lineup by going to CAPS website.