Skip to main content

Reimbursement Form

UH Student eligibility for U.S. Passport Reimbursement of the $130 passport application fee has changed effective December 27, 2021. 

Undergraduate and graduate students must be in the process of applying for a learning abroad program in order to be eligible for reimbursement. Eligible learning abroad programs may include, but are not limited to, faculty-led programs, reciprocal exchange programs, third-party affiliated provider programs, academic conferences and some internship opportunities and research collaboratives. Students graduating in the current semester in which they are applying are not eligible unless completing the learning abroad program within the current semester. Students must be registered in UH main courses for the current term to be eligible. 

If the above applies to you, please continue below.

  • Students must apply at the U.S. Passport Acceptance Facility located in the Learning Abroad office on campus in order to be eligible for reimbursement. No exceptions will be made.
  • Eligible students must submit a completed eligibility form (below) and proof of eligibility with their application. Failing to do so will void your reimbursement eligibility.
  • A PaymentWorks account must be completed by the student within 2 months of the appointment in order for the reimbursement to be processed.
  • The only fee reimbursed is the U.S. Passport Book with standard processing.

NOTE: To be eligible to receive reimbursement for passport renewals, the student's previous passport must be expired or have less than one year (365 days) of validity left at time of application.

Please contact us for further information.