Learning Abroad has opportunities for every major in over 100 countries through faculty-led, reciprocal exchanges, third party affiliated providers, and service opportunities abroad.
We encourage students to take courses, complete internships, or conduct research abroad for credit that will count toward their degree. Learning Abroad also supports students completing co-curricular learning experiences abroad including conferences, symposia, service learning, and study tours.
If students do not find their desired program in our listed opportunities, they can search for additional options and work with Learning Abroad for approval and support.
- Short term - 1-6 weeks during summer, winter, or spring break
- Travel with a UH faculty member on credit or non credit program
- Course tuition is paid directly to UH at the student's regular tuition rate
- Flights, food, accommodations and other program fees paid separately
- Most terms are full semesters or academic year, with some summer options
- Tuition is paid directly to UH at the student's regular tuition rate
- Flights, food, accommodations and other program fees paid abroad
- Program eligibility is often determined by major or college
- Summer, semester, winter break, and intensive week or month terms available
- Tuition and fees paid directly program provider
- Housing, excursions, and activities are typically included in the program fee
- Courses, internships, research, and service learning programs available
Student Service Organizations Abroad
- UH registered student organizations focused on service abroad
- Annual trips abroad to help a specific community
- Programs typically led in Central America and the Carribean
- Non-credit, short term programs