Swansea University is located in Swansea, Wales in the United Kingdom. Students from all majors are eligible to study at Swansea University as a Reciprocal Educational Exchange Program (REEP) student.
Please note: This exchange opportunity is best for full academic year (September-June) or the spring term (January-June). Due to overlap in academic calendars, we are not able to accommodate fall-only enrollment.
- Academic Year Exchange: Apply though UH by April 1st, 2022
- Spring Exchange: Apply through UH by October 1st, 2022
About Swansea University:
Over 15,000 students and scholars attend Swansea University each year in colleges such as the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Engineering, the College of Human and Health Science, the College of Medicine, and the College of Science. Swansea University also has a School of Management and a School of Law. Swansea University is a research-led university and includes centers and institutes focusing on areas such as nanohealth, life sciences, and cognitive neuroscience. In September 2015, Swansea University will open a second campus knows as The Bay Campus. The Bay Campus will be home to the College of Engineering and School of Management. Please note that if you take classes on both campuses, you will need to create your schedule to include the commute from one campus to the other.
Check out Swansea University's Website: http://www.swansea.ac.uk/
About Swansea, Wales:
With a rich history dating back to the twelfth century, Swansea is a coastal city in the south of Wales and is just an hour away by car or bus from Cardiff, the capital of Wales. London, England is just three hours away by train. One of the great things about attending a university in the United Kingdom on a student visa is the ability to visit any of its four countries during your study: Wales, Scotland, England, and Northern Ireland. English is the primary spoken and written language, though many signs are also written in Welsh.
Map of Wales:
- Minimum 2.8 cumulative GPA, No exceptions
- Must have completed 12 UH credit hours
- Must have at least one semester remaining at UH upon return from abroad
How to Apply:
- Meet with a Learning Abroad Advisor to learn about the program
- Review the Swansea University module catalog
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor to determine course equivalencies
- Complete the UH required forms found on the the Learning Abroad Timeline.
- Complete an application to Swansea University
- University of Houston tuition and fees
- UH Learning Abroad Exchange fee: $75
- Airfare to Swansea
- Information for on-campus housing can be found here.
- Passport: With Passport for Coogs, you are able to apply for a passport in the Learning Abroad office.
- Local Transportation Costs: Varies
- Academic materials/textbooks, as required by your syllabi in Swansea: Varies
- Meals: Varies
- Personal Expenses and Incidentals: Varies
Personal preferences affect the total cost of your program. Participants should plan for the trip and budget appropriately.