Students from several majors are eligible to study at ADA University as a Reciprocal Educational Exchange Program (REEP) student, however the courses available at ADA University are in the subjects of:
- International Studies
- Public Affairs/Public Policy
- Computer Sciences
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
- Systems Engineering
This program is limited to two UH students per semester.
About ADA University:
ADA University is located in Baku, Azerbaijan and began as Azerbaijan Diplomatic Academy in March 2006. The vision of the university is based on four pillars: Global Leadership, Innovative Learning, Social Responsibility, and Thriving Location. There are four main schools: the School of Public and International Affairs, the School of Education, the School of Business, and the School of Information Technologies and Engineering.
ADA University moved to a sustainable campus in 2012. The entire campus is run by alternative and renewable energy sources.
Baku is a port city located on a cape in Eastern Azerbaijan bordering the Caspain Sea. One interesting fact to note is that at 92 feet below sea level, Baku is the lowest-lying national capital in the world. It is also the largest city in the world below sea level. The population of Baku is slightly over 2.1 million, putting it roughly at the same population as Houston. Another interesting fact is that life in modern-day Azerbaijan dates back to the stone age.
Map of Azerbaijan:
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must have completed 12 UH credit hours
- Must have at least one semester remaining at UH upon return from abroad
How to Apply:
- Meet with a Learning Abroad advisor to learn about the program
- Review courses at ADA University
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor to determine course equivalencies
- Complete the UH required forms found on the Start Here page
- Complete an application to ADA University
- Academic Year: Apply on ViaTRM by April 1st
- Spring only: Apply on ViaTRM by October 15th
Selected Applicants Agree To:
- Complete and submit the required paperwork to the UH Learning Abroad office as outlined in the Start here page.
- Comply with all requirements, deadlines, and procedures of Learning Abroad.
- University of Houston tuition and fees
- UH Learning Abroad Exchange fee: $75
- Student Visa: $279.00
- Airfare to and from Baku: approximately $1000 as of September 2016
- Housing: Housing is not included. ADA University has accommodations available or you can seek accommodations off-campus.
- Passport: With Passport for Coogs, you are able to apply for a passport in the Learning Abroad office.
- Local Transportation Costs: Varies
- Academic materials/textbooks, as required by your syllabi in Baku: Varies
- Meals: Varies
- Personal Expenses and Incidentals: Varies
Personal preferences affect the total cost of your program. Participants should plan for the trip and budget appropriately.