RAM Shipping or Transfer - University of Houston
Skip to main content

Shipping Radioactive Materials Out from the University

If you would like to send some radioactive material which your possess at the University of Houston to a collaborator at another institution, please contact the Radiation Safety Officer


Transfer of Radioactive Material Within the University 

All transfer of radioactive material between PIs and laboratories within the university must receive prior approval from the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) prior to the transfer. The Transfer of Radioisotope Form must be used for all transfers.

PIs leaving the university and wishing to transfer their radioactive material sources to another institution must arrange to properly ship their material to to theother institution in consultation with the RSO.

A 30-day prior notification must be provided to ensure licensing issues are properly addressed prior to the shipment.