Overview | Approval Process | Graduation Checklist | Students & Guests | Directions | FAQ
A video of the 2022 commencement ceremony is online for viewing.
General Info for the Spring Ceremony
- The College of Education’s ceremony will be held at 7 p.m. on Saturday, May 13, 2023 at the Fertitta Center .
- Tickets will be required for this ceremony. Tickets will be emailed to each graduate for guests. Please note, graduates will not need a ticket for themselves. Please visit the University Commencement page for additional details.
- A week before the College of Education graduation ceremony, you will receive detailed information about what to expect, where to go, etc.
- Students should arrive by 5:30 p.m. for check-in.
- The Fertitta Center has a clear bag policy.
Must Do Before Graduation
- Make sure you apply for graduation.
- Log onto AccessUH, select myUH, Advising, Apply for graduation on the left.
Please Read Before Graduation
Additional Pre-Graduation Activities
- Attend the Grad Fair at the UH Campus Store: March 7 – 9, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Get Your Cougar Spirit Cord.
- Attend the Ring Ceremony hosted by the UH Alumni Association.
- Learn more about The Ring Scholarship – deadline is Monday, February 6, 2023.
- Questions? Contact COE Graduation Coordinator Paula Canada.
Information for In-Person Graduation Ceremonies
A Letter From the Interim Dean
Dear Future Graduate,
Congratulations on your approaching graduation! What an exciting time! You will soon join over 300,000 UH alumni. Just as your family and friends share in the joy of your achievement, your UH family is also happy for you. Our faculty and staff know you will transform lives and bring excellence to your future careers. As interim dean of the College of Education, I want to say how proud I am of the accomplishments of the graduating class. It has been an honor to serve you.
We hope that you celebrate your graduation milestone with us at the upcoming commencement and continue to show your UH spirit as an active alumni. You will receive important details about graduation via email and can find more information on this page.
Our best wishes are with you as you change the world. You are the pride.
Cathy Horn, Ph.D.
Interim Dean and Moores Professor