Dr. Richard L. Hooker Scholarship - Educational Leadership and Policy Studies Graduate Only
This scholarship is available to outstanding graduate students in the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies who have a realistic potential for impacting Texas education policy through research on the state policy process with dissertation topics related to the politics of education and/or school finance systems.
Notification of awards will be sent to your UH email address. Please make sure your destination email is updated in PeopleSoft (MyUH).
- Applicants must exhibit leadership qualities.
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in finance and the state policy development process.
- Applicants must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Applicants must be a full-time graduate degree-seeking student in good standing at the University of Houston.
- Scholarship recipients may accept other scholarships and grants.
- Funds can be used to cover expenses for tuition, books, fees, and/or supplies for the coming academic semester. Any expenses of a recipient in excess of the amount deposited must be borne by the student.
Awards for this scholarship will be determined by the College of Education Scholarship Committee.
To Apply, please follow the Scholarship Application Process