Dr. Edward Taylor Scholarship Endowment - Undergraduate and Graduate
This scholarship is available to full-time undergraduate or graduate students a college degree from the University of Houston. Applicants should be an education major or a current educator.
Notification of awards will be sent to your UH email address. Please make sure your destination email is update in PeopleSoft (MyUH).
- Preference given to applicants who are graduates of Alief Taylor High School in Alief ISD.
- Scholarship applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Scholarship applicant must be an education major or a current educator.
- Scholarship applicant can be a full-time undergraduate or part-time graduate degree seeking student in good standing at the University of Houston.
- Scholarship recipient must have a GPA in accordance with the standards set by the College of Education Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Scholarship recipient may accept other scholarships and grants in conjunction with the Dr. Edward Taylor Scholarship.
- Scholarship awards will alternate between an undergraduate recipient and a graduate recipient annually beginning with the first award to an undergraduate.
- Funds can be used to cover expenses for tuition, books, fees, and/or supplies for the coming academic semester. Any expenses of a recipient in excess of the amount deposited must be borne by the student
- Scholarship award is non-renewable. Scholarship applicant must apply each year.
- Scholarship award amount is to be no less than $1,000 but no more than $2,000 each year.
To Apply, please follow the Scholarship Application Process