The Division of Student Affairs exemplifies its own mission, vision, and values, by undertaking the following strategic initiatives.
Champion exceptional opportunities and services to support all UH students.
- Engage all students to intentionally develop leadership qualities, critical thinking and communication skills, diversity competencies, and personal growth.
- Expand diverse experiences on exploration and education while identifying and meeting the needs of our student population through supportive, inclusive environments.
- Foster the holistic well-being of all students through coordinated, intentional services and processes.
- Enhance assessment of student success by defining measures at the departmental and divisional level with a focus on the impact of our programs and services.
- Enrich the sense of connection, belonging, and shared UH identity among all students.
Create and foster a cohesive division identity, culture, and community.
- Implement staff communication strategies that promote a mutual understanding of who we are and what we do.
- Strengthen staff connections within the division, both professionally and personally.
- Invest in staff success through professional development, recognition, and opportunities for broader participation throughout the division.
- Foster collaborative divisional processes focused on common goals.
- Promote and create initiatives that support a healthy work/life balance while contributing to division success.
Evaluate, actively pursue, and leverage resources to enhance the UH experience.
- Evaluate resources to identify opportunities for efficiency, improvement, and transformation.
- Pursue and develop resources to address identified gaps and needs.
- Leverage and adapt resources in innovative ways to increase effective utilization.
Forge and strengthen partnerships to expand our reach into the university and greater community.
- Educate and empower campus partners to be our advocates.
- Enhance students' educational experience by expanding partnerships with academic affairs.
- Create opportunities for our students by developing initiatives that support our neighboring communities.
- Expand strategic partnerships with K-12 schools and other post-secondary institutions.
- Promote alumni engagement and support for division initiatives in cooperation with Advancement.
- Raise the profile of the division through regional, national, and international involvement.