Each year, the GCSW hosts a research showcase in which all foundation students and additional students from the MSW and
- 1st: Katy Fertitta - Promoting Academic Achievement among Children in Poverty Using the City Connects Approach
- 2nd: Kelley Reece - Cognitive Behavioral Therapy | An Effective and Ethical Therapeutic Approach to Reduce Sex Offender Recidivism
- 3rd: Nhu-Mai Nguyen - Writing through the Blues: Reducing Depression in High School Adolescents
- 1st: Limor Smith - What is the Most Effective Intervention to Reduce Public Stigma of Mental Illness among Adults?
- 2nd: Melissa Melendez - CBT as Treatment for Women Who Experience Military Sexual Trauma
- 3rd: Ashley Deible - PEERS for Treatment of Individuals with High-Functioning Autism
- 1st: Hayle Lopez - Using CBT to Reduce Anxiety Disorders in Latino Youth
- 2nd: Katie Collier - TF-CBT to Reduce PTSD in Survivors of Sex Trafficking
- 3rd: Katy Manning - Reaching for Reproductive Justice: Preventing Maternal Mortality among Black Women in the U.S.
Sugar Land Campus
- 1st: Sharon McNair - The Impact of TBRI on Foster Care Replacement Stability
- 2nd: Judy H. Young - Reducing Male Suicide Rates with Gun Ownership Laws
- 3rd: Christie Fleming - Privatizing the Foster Care System to Improve Outcomes for Foster Care Children
- 1st: Cassie Croft - What is the Most Effective Intervention for Reducing Non-Suicidal Self-Injury in Female Adolescents?
- 2nd: Angelica Peña - Reducing Recidivism in Sexual Offenders
- 3rd: Ebonee Jones - Increasing the High School Graduation Rate for Foster Youth
We are so proud of everyone who presented! It was an evening of deep learning for all who attended.