FRIDAY HEALTH TIP - Get 8 Hours of Sleep Every Night
Friday, February 24, 2023
12:00 am - 12:00 am
The quality of our sleep impacts our lives. From blood pressure and stress levels to immunity and mental clarity, sleep is one of the most important aspects to staying healthy in college. If you have trouble falling asleep at night, consider these tips:
- Stay active throughout the day, through exercise, walking, or playing a sport.
- Turn off all “screens” one hour before going to bed.
- Set an alarm at night to notify you when it’s time to get ready for bed (and hold yourself accountable.)
- Minimize intake of caffeine and stimulants during the afternoon and evening hours.
- Read, draw, meditate, do Yoga, or experiment with other ways to help “turn-off” your mind as your approach sleep, all without your digital screens.
For most college students, there’s really no excuse to not getting 7-8 hours of quality sleep each night. It all comes down to being disciplined, staying healthy in other aspects of your life, and knowing when it’s time to unplug and checkout.
From NSHSS Blog - 7 Tips for Staying Healthy in College