Diabetes Alert Day
Wednesday, March 23, 2022
12:00 am - 12:00 am
Diabetes Alert Day is a one-day “wake-up call” that focuses on the seriousness of diabetes and the importance of understanding your risk. We encourage you to find out if you—or someone you love—is at risk for type 2 diabetes by taking this quick and simple Diabetes Risk Test.
Did You Know?
- Diabetes affects about 34.2 million Americans or about 10.5 percent of the U.S. population.
- Nearly 1 in 5 adults living with diabetes, or 7.3 million Americans, are unaware that they have the disease.
- Approximately 88 million people aged 18 years or older have prediabetes, a condition in which blood glucose levels are higher than normal, but not high enough to be diagnosed as diabetes.
- More than 84 percent of people living with prediabetes don’t know they have it.
- About 50 percent of women with gestational diabetes go on to develop type 2 diabetes. Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes that women develop when they are pregnant.