The TurningPoint Desktop software REQUIRES a TurningPoint account for all instructors. The following steps help you to get started with TurningPoint Desktop.
- Add the "Purchasing Clicker/Subscription information" into syllabus. You can download this Word file with the purchase information. Please feel free to copy or customize the wording.
- Set-up TurningPoint Account Registration Link
- Create TurningPoint Account and Download TurningPoint Desktop Software
- Log into TurningPoint Desktop Software
You need to use yourTurningPoint Account login information when you access the software each time.
- Setup or Change Receiver Channel
The default channel of a receiver is 41. You can change the channel number between 41-82.
- Create TurningPoint Mobile Session ID
If you allow students to use their mobile devices (cell phones, laptops, or tablets) as Clickers, you need to setup a session ID for students to join the polling session.
- Connect Blackboard Courses - New Integration
In this new integration, you don’t need to download the course participant list. The course roster will be populated automatically after you connected Blackboard courses in your TurningPoint account.
- Update PowerPoint Polling Slides from TP Cloud to TurningPoint Desktop
Updating the past PowerPoint slide/polls is very easy because we are still using the same TurningPoint software. Most of your TP Cloud slides will work fine with TurningPoint Desktop. You just login TurningPoint Desktop software and open the PowerPoint file as you did in TPCloud. Slides and all information should be the same as in the previous version.