Faculty and Departmental Instructional Support (FDIS) provides professional support services to the University of Houston faculty community with guidance in the use of technology needed in the online environment as well as in the traditional classroom.
- Consulting with faculty about technology integration into courses.
- Assisting with the rollout of new technologies for teaching and learning.
- Providing Course Management System (Blackboard) support for online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses.
- Overseeing the development and management of educational technology projects and development of guidelines and standards.
- Establishing a learning community venue for instructors to access and share best practices.