Don and Jacqueline Hawkins Endowed Scholarship - Undergraduate and Graduate
This scholarship is available to full-time undergraduate or graduate students who demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in the teacher education program in the College of Education. Preference will be given to students who express an interest in Special Education. Scholarships will be awarded to applicants exhibiting leadership qualities as determined by the College of Education Scholarship Selection Committee.
Notification of awards will be sent to your UH email address. Please make sure your destination email is updated in PeopleSoft (MyUH).
- Scholarship applicant must concentrate in Special Populations at the undergraduate or graduate level in the College of Education.
- Scholarship applicant exhibits leadership qualities as determined by the College of Education Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Scholarship applicant must be a certified full-time undergraduate or a minimum 6-hours graduate degree-seeking student in good standing at the University of Houston.
- Scholarship recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.25 or above.
- Scholarship recipient may accept other scholarships and grants in conjunction with the Don and Jacqueline Hawkins Scholarship.
- Funds can be used to cover expenses for tuition, books, fees, and/or supplies for the coming academic semester to include summer. Any expenses of a recipient in excess of the amount deposited must be borne by the student.
- Scholarship award is renewable provided the recipient continues to meet the criteria.
To Apply, please follow the Scholarship Application Process