The Center for Student Involvement (CSI) is committed to the success of all student organizations and is dedicated to equipping RSO Advisors with the tools needed to successfully navigate the position of Advisor to an RSO. Additionally, resources for staff who work with Student Organizations in their respective colleges and departments are also available. RSO Advisors are vital to a student organization's success. The value advisors add to student organizations can be immeasurable at times. Advisors provide valuable guidance, a historical perspective, and a true passion for what their student organization provides for the University of Houston's Campus Life.
- Advising Student Groups and Organizations by Norbert W. Dunkel, John H. Schuh, and Nancy E. Chrystal-Green
- Campus Labs Help Desk for Get Involved
- Assuming the Role: The successful advisor-student relationship by Sean Ferris, Clifton Johnson, Aaron Lovitz, Sarah Stroud, & Justin Rudisille
- The Student Affairs Spectacular Podcast Episode #7: Darcey Kemp & Advising Student Organizations
- RSO Advisor Self-Evaluation Checklist
Do you have other ideas for student org advisor resources? Please send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear them. The information on this page was compiled from a variety of online sources by the Center for Student Involvement staff; in some cases, it is original content. If you would like to know the specific source of any of the above information, please contact email@example.com and we will be happy to help you out!