Joining the Impact Living Learning Community (LLC) will give you the chance to explore the city of Houston in a new way. Impact members focus on a variety of social issues throughout the year including topics such as hunger, homelessness, health, wellness, education, sustainability, and the effect they have on Houstonians.
As members explore each social issue, they are challenged to learn how to think globally and act locally to have a positive impact on their community. Throughout their exploration of these social issues, Impact members will have the opportunity to participate in service related to the social issues discussed.
Benefits of participating in the Impact Living Learning Community include:
- Live in a positive social and academic environment
- Learn about social issues facing local and global communities, and how to make a difference
- Participate in service projects with a dedication to learning and growth
- Gain transferable skills that will serve you throughout your college experience
- Connect with fellow Impact members in social/bonding activities