Welcome to the Ignite Leadership Program! Housed in the Center for Student Involvement, the Ignite program is a foundational leadership development program for UH students who want to develop their leadership skills and become a part of a positive leadership community.
This semester-long workshop series provides the knowledge and tools to prepare students for leadership in the UH community and beyond. This is an excellent opportunity for students to establish a professional network of peers, receive coaching from an upperclassmen mentor, and learn leadership practices from UH Staff and Houston community leaders. Through the cohort model, Ignite mentors guide small groups through the program and create positive relationships and a supportive environment.
Email Katy Kaesebier if you have any questions.
Participants in the Ignite program will:
- Develop a strong foundation of personal leadership competencies that will prepare them for leadership roles on campus and beyond.
- Gain the confidence to apply for new leadership opportunities both on and off-campus.
- Be knowledgeable about campus resources and opportunities to get involved.
- Create meaningful personal relationships and build a sense of belonging in the campus community.
- Build a professional and social network of friends and fellow leaders.
The Ignite Program will meet on the dates below from 1-3 pm unless otherwise noted.
|Friday, 1/31/20||Ignite Welcome Meeting|
|Friday, 2/07/20||Ignite Retreat (1:00pm – 9:00pm)|
|Friday, 2/21/20||Ignite Meeting|
|Friday, 3/06/20||Ignite Meeting|
|Friday, 3/27/20||Ignite Meeting|
|Friday, 4/03/20||Ignite Meeting|
|Friday, 4/10/20||Ignite Meeting|
|Friday, 4/24/20||Ignite Graduation (6:30 pm – 8:30 pm)|
Mandatory Program Activities
- Ignite Retreat
- Workshop Meetings (every other week)
- Attending one workshop per month selected from the LeadUH Programs
- Actively engaged with Mentor and Committees