Vehicles displaying a valid University of Houston parking permit may park in any non-restricted space in any ungated lots Monday-Thursday from 3 p.m. to 7 a.m., and all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday and university holidays.
- These relaxed parking hours do not apply to Evening-Weekend permits, which cannot be used to park on campus prior to 3 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Gated lots and garages are restricted at all times. A malfunctioning gate does not justify unauthorized entry into gated lots and garages.
- Do not park in restricted areas such as fire and loading zones, disabled or reserved spaces, which are enforced 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Permits must be properly displayed.
- If you park in a metered space, you must pay the visitor rate, even if you have a valid UH parking permit.
There are certain times of the year when these relaxed parking rules are in effect seven days a week. These include:
- Spring break
- Winter break
- Summer (last day of spring classes through day prior to first day of fall classes)
Reminder: Evening-Weekend permits can only be used on campus after 3 p.m. Monday-Friday, and all day weekends, even when the campus is under relaxed parking rules.