In order to park a vehicle at the University of Houston at Sugar Land, all students, faculty and staff must have a valid UH parking permit.
(Please note: Parking and Transportation Services is no longer providing shuttle services to the Smart Financial Centre.)
Overview of Parking Permit System
- Sugar Land permits can be purchased through AccessUH by logging into the myParking icon and clicking the “Get Permit” button.
- Purchases and returns can be made at any point during the semester and are prorated weekly.
- Permits will be mailed to the address selected and may be purchased through Visa/MasterCard, fee bill (students) or payroll deductions (faculty/staff).
- Payroll deductions for faculty/staff begin Oct. 1. Payments are divided by the length of employee’s contract (9 or 12 months).
- Credit card payments are processed immediately.
- The UH at Sugar Land permits are valid at the following locations:
- UH at Sugar Land: any unrestricted space, 24/7
- UH main campus
- Zone E, 24/7
- Any ungated lot at main campus - Monday-Thursday after 3 p.m. and Friday-Sunday.
- All active UH parking permits are permitted to park at UH at Sugar Land.
If you already purchased a permit online, it will be mailed to the address that you provided at the time of purchase. If you have not received your parking permit in the mail at this time, please print your receipt from your myParking account and place it on your dashboard. The receipt will show us proof of payment, your permit number and the license plates associate with your permit.
- Log into AccessUH
- myParking Account
- View Your Permits (bottom left side of the page)
- Open correct permit
If you have not purchased a permit, Sugar Land parking permits are still available.
- Purchases made by credit card must be done online through your myParking Account via AccessUH (print your receipt for your dashboard) or you can purchase a permit.
- Purchases that are to be applied to student fee bills or faculty/staff payroll deductions can be done online.
Receipts on the dashboard are valid for seven days. If your permit doesn’t arrive, contact the Sugar Land Parking Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 832-842-3060 for a replacement.
Violators of the University's parking rules and regulations can receive citations. Habitual or flagrant disregard of the rules and regulations is grounds for suspension of campus parking privileges or stronger action by the University. Parking citation appeals must be received by Parking and Transportation Services.
Hourly parking is available via the gated visitor lot in front of the University Branch Library. UH parking permits will not grant entry into the visitor parking area. Payments can be made upon exiting via credit or debit card only. The rates are:0-1 hour: Free
1-2 hours: $2
2-3 hours: $4
3-4 hours: $6
4-5 hours: $8
5-24 hours: $10
Please contact UH at Sugar Land Parking office at email@example.com or 832-842-3060 for more information.