There are certain times of the year when non-restrictive parking is in effect. These relaxed parking rules allow anyone with a valid University of Houston parking permit to park in any non-restricted space in any ungated lot, regardless of the day or time. This does not include the evening-weekend permit, which can only be used on campus after 3 p.m. Monday-Friday, and all day weekends.
Relaxed parking is in effect:
- Spring break (entire spring break week)
- Thanksgiving break (3 p.m. Wednesday before Thanksgiving until 7 a.m. Monday)
- Winter break (3 p.m. on the last day of fall regular session 1 classes until 7 a.m. the first day of spring semester)
- Summer (3 p.m. on the last day of spring regular session 1 classes through the day prior to first day of fall classes)
- On the following holidays: MLK Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day