The lab is run by Dr. Carla Sharp. Funding sources have included the NIMH, the NIH Centers for AIDS Research, NARSAD, the South African Responsible Gambling Foundation, the American Psychoanalytic Association, UH Small Grants Program, UH GEAR program, and the Child and Family Program of the Menninger Clinic.
- August 2014: A warm welcome to Salome as she begins her 1st year in the program!
- August 2014: Carolyn was selected by the local Houston P.E.O. Chapter as a nominee for the P.E.O. International Scholar Award!
- August 2014: A big thanks to Claire for representing the lab with her posters at APA 2014.
- July 2014: Kudos to Allison and Will for successfully defending their theses.
- June: 2014: Welcome to our new undergraduate RAs: Ashley, Robyn, Kaitlin, Kiana, Jacob, Nicholas, Samantha, and Taylor.
- June 2014: Dr. Sharp publishes new edited volume with Springer.
- June 2014: Will was one of two students selected by the department to apply for the APF/COGDOP Graduate Research Scholarship.
- May 2014: Congrats to Tyson for successfully proposing his dissertation!
- April 2014: UH awards GEAR grant to Drs. Sharp, Zvolensky and Neighbors to study the efficacy of a social-cognitive intervention in HIV-infected individuals with alcohol problems.
- April 2014: Numerous posters from the lab have been accepted to ABCT 2014!