Graduate Application Information
The following information is published here to guide students through the graduate application process, though scheduling time with a graduate advisor is also recommended.
- A completed graduate studies application. Access the "ApplyTexas Application" online at http://www.uh.edu/graduate-school/prospective-students/Admissions/how-to-apply/.
- An official transcript from each institution attended.
- One official copy of your general GRE test scores. Please have your GRE scores sent by ETS (Educational Testing Service) to the University of Houston, University Park Campus (Code: 6870). The Department of Psychology will only accept official GRE scores sent from ETS.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A career statement, please include two faculty members with whom you wish to work during your graduate school process.
- A $40.00 non-refundable processing fee.
Submission Process for Domestic Applicants
Program deadlines for receipt of application materials are as follows for fall admission the following academic year:
|December 1||Clinical Psychology|
|December 1||Developmental Psychology|
|January 15||Industrial/Organizational Psychology|
|January 15||Social Psychology|
We highly encourage applicants to submit their materials electronically:
through myUH, and
with electronic ETS delivery of test scores and
electronically delivered transcripts by academic institutions, if available.
- Letters of recommendations should be received electronically.
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON
P.O. BOX 3947
HOUSTON, TX 77253-3947
For Electronic Copy Submissions:
Submission Process for International Applicants
In addition to the materials listed above, the International Admissions Office requires that you submit the following:
- An official copy of your TOEFL scores.
- A letter of financial backing.
- The statement of understanding located in the application booklet.
- Two passport size photos.
- A $75.00 (US$) processing fee in addition to the departmental processing fee. The departmental fee must be sent directly to the Department of Psychology, NOT the International Admissions Office.
Please forward all materials to:
International Admissions Office
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-2161
United States of America
Send a copy of these materials, as well as the $40 departmental fee, to the address listed in the section for domestic applicants.
See http://www.uh.edu/admissions/international/ for further information of interest to graduate international applicants.
All applicants: You are encouraged to contact the Academic Affairs Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure your materials are arriving as requested. Applicants may be nominated for a Presidential Fellowship.