- April 2016: The first annual University of Houston Clinical Psychology Graduate Research Showcase 2016 was held April 8, 2016. The keynote speaker was Dr. Carl Weems, Professor and Chair, Department of Human Development and Family Studies, Iowa State University. There were presentations by UH Clinical Psychology faculty, and presentations and posters of the current graduate students. The two winners of the competitive graduate student Research Award made presentations: Salome Vanwoerden and Daniel Paulus, MA. A link to the program, and some pictures from the event are shown below.
Program | Photo Gallery
- April 2016: Carla Sharp, Ph.D. was awarded the NASSPD Mid-Career Investigator Award at this year's NASSPD conference.
- April 2016: Salome Vanwoerden, a 2nd year graduate student in Dr. Carla Sharp’s Developmental Psychopathology Lab was awarded the James Leslie McCary Award at the first annual clinical psychology research showcase.
- April 2016: Julia Najm, undergraduate lab manager for Dr. Carla Sharp’s Developmental Psychopathology Lab was awarded the Laurie T. Callicutt Scholarship for her undergraduate research and overall academic performance.
- March 2016: David Talavera, a 3rd year graduate student in Dr. Rheeda L. Walker's Culture, Risk, and Resilience Lab received Honorable Mention for the 2016 APA Minority Fellowship Program.
- January 2016: David Talavera, a 3rd year graduate student in Dr. Rheeda L. Walker's Culture, Risk, and Resilience Lab received the 2016 APA Commission on Ethnic Minority Recruitment, Retention and Training (CEMRRAT) Travel Grant.
- November 2015: Several abstracts from Clinical Neuropsychology graduate students have been accepted for the 44th Annual Meeting of the International Neuropsychological Society INS, February 3-6, 2016 in Boston, MA.